Friday, March 7, 2014

goodwill hack

Sometimes I buy something before I thoroughly inspect and evaluate it. Although I don't recognize the tag on this shardigan (it's like the blardigan as named here, but different), it looks expensive...and organic!...so I put her in the cart and paid without another thought.

At home I realized it's cut funny across the shoulders and didn't stay on properly. I imagine that's why it ended up at Goodwill. I spent too much time figuring out how I wanted to wear it: closed by draping it, and fastening it, to opposite shoulders. I bought and sewed on hook and eyes but still wasn't  happy. Enter Boo (aka Mom:). I handed it over ready to write it off but she knew better. Swapping the front hook and eye with a cool, vintage button was genious!



shardigan hack $3.99 (Goodwill)
Old Navy Perfect Tee (tall...I have strangely long arms) $7ish
Lands' End Canvas Cords $5 (Warehouse Clearance Event...you really should go)
Crochet Flower Bib Necklace $10 (Maryanka Studio)
Outfit Total: $25.99

No comments:

Post a Comment