Wednesday, May 7, 2014

red cup

Every October we spend at least a week in Gills Rock with my in-laws. It's a highly anticipated trip; we all love it...a lot! Grandma and Grandpa have usually been there for a week before we arrive so when we come with our chaos in tow, they are rested and ready, always welcoming. Most years we get to hang with "Annie Weesa" (Auntie Leesa), too. She makes the vacay over the top! She puts the F·U·N in fun, always!

When I think on it, it's pretty cool (and unusual...amazing...fernisheral) that all of us get along well enough to WANT to spend a week together, sharing space and privacy. Believe me when I say I do not take my relationship and love for my in-laws (all of you Hansens!) for granted.♥

The last two years while in Door County we took the ferry over to Washington Island. The first year husby and I did it alone (and by alone I mean all five of us...no grandparent assistance to move our defense from zone to man-on-man);  an accomplishment that pushed our "we can do this!" confidence a notch higher. Year two we convinced Grandma and Grandpa to come with us. The water and weather were perfect. We explored the island as much as time allowed. Possibly our best discovery that day was the cutest coffee shop ever, Red Cup. It's an eclectic mix of vintage furniture, local artesian products, delicious baked goods, and of course, killer coffee. Simply, it's swooney! In fact, it's a major reason we decided to rent a little diddy on the island for a few nights this year. If we all come back unscathed, this too, will undoubtedly be another "we can do this!" upward movement.

Anyhoo, I'm babbling. Bottom line: I liked the coffee joint so much I bought their $18 t-shirt right then! Wait, nope. Pretty sure my ever generous in-laws picked up the tab on that one, too. THANKS, B&J!



Red Cup t-shirt $0 (gift:)
Shade Clothing polka-dot shirt $5
Decree distressed jeans (JC Penney) $11
Outfit Total: $16.00

I'm not wearing any Lands' End! So weird.

Linking up with The Pleated Poppy for WIWW.

No comments:

Post a Comment