Monday, June 30, 2014

MACKanese monday: Soyler & Dovaden

Hello, MACKanese monday!

Two weekends ago we had a wonderful visit with my oldest soul sister (by oldest I mean "known the longest" (welcome Betz;)) Betzy, and her family: husband Aaron, son Hayden, daughter Sawyer. We do not see these beautiful people often enough. Our visit the time before the last was a year ago, shortly after which Sawyer declared she would be marrying Mack. Love her spunk! And so did my boys. Not only did they spend hours over that year talking about Hayden's FERNISHERAL ninja moves but they recalled their new love, "Soyler". I tried several times to correct them all. Gray caught on but Mack and Donovan couldn't make the switch. On this visit, whether she minded her new name or not wasn't apparent but, either way, some sweet karma came 'round when she started calling Donovan "Dovaden". And on this visit I think Soyler favored Dovaden a bit more than Mack. Thank goodness Mack didn't notice. ♥

Soyler
/soi·lər/
noun

1. A precious four-year-old girl who will some day be my daughter-in-law.
2. Yes, please.
3. I really do hope so.

Mack: "Mama, I wanna go to Hayden and Soyler's house today.
Dovaden & Gray: "Me, too!!!"
Me: "So do I guys but they live three hours away so it's not always so simple to get there.
Dovaden: "But I really wanna gooooo!"
Gray: "Mom, just call Auntie Betzy..."
Mack: "...and ask her for a *batation."
Me: "Lucky for us, we always have an invitation to see these friends. I promise we'll go again very soon!"

Oh yes, yes we will! Thanks, for a truly lovely visit!

*two for one:
batation
/ba·tāSHən/
noun

1. A written or verbal request for me to bring you my chaos littles.
2. You must really love us.
3. A lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment