Wednesday, April 30, 2014

sometimes the wait is long

If I recall correctly, shortly after we moved from Iola (town of 900) to Madison (city of 240,000) my mom took me to Hilldale Mall. I was having trouble making friends and she might have been trying to ease the pain of the change with some retail therapy. We shopped a store that carried LeSportsac. I had never heard nor seen of said brand but thought their stuff was pretty cool. There's nothing much fancy about nylon but the bags all had many pockets making them easy to organize (I loved me some organizo even back then). But the price...WHOA! I was roughly thirteen and even I knew they were crazy expensive...and for nylon! 

On a recent thrift trip, again with mom, I found a LeSportsac bag at the Goodwill and this time it was affordable. Best part? I threw it in the washer and it came out shiny new! (Maybe they're on to something with this nylon business.) Just imagine the appreciation I have for my LeSportsac after waiting almost 25 years to get one! Amen!!


I like to change purses but the process is painful when you carry a little something for everyone. If you ask this thrifty mama, most purse organizers are grossly overpriced. For under five dollars I decides to give this one a whirl. 


The quality is what you'd expect for the price but it makes changing purses a breeeeeze. As in less than 30 seconds. It's even a bit cheaper now than when I bought it and doing it over I think I'd get the pretty blue.

On the same Goodwill trip, I scored some grey skinny jeans. Sheaffer over at Pinterest Told Me To said I should start wearing grey, black, and brown and these skinnies are just what I was looking for!


Ann Taylor LOFT Cowlneck Tunic $3.99
LeSportsac Bag $4.99 (holla!)
Buffalo Skinny Jeans $6.99
**Check the brand (and $avings) out here.**
Payless Faux Suede Biker-ish Boots $20 (clearance)
Outfit Total: $35.97

Linking up with The Pleated Poppy for WIWW.

No comments:

Post a Comment